Water West Services
The water needs of large Western Australian property developments are currently serviced almost exclusively by Water Corporation. In some circumstances, land developers need access to alternative solutions to unlock and move their projects forward. Our goal is to provide services to these segments of the industry. Some developers may benefit from more specialised, smaller solutions and cost-effective infrastructure. We provide these solutions, enabling otherwise constrained property development projects the ability to realise their potential at a significantly lower capital cost. Water West’s solutions have the potential to significantly reduce potable water consumption and we target recycling of all wastewater.
Scope of Solutions
We specialise in delivering potable water and wastewater solutions, including recycled, to land development projects. Water West will build, own and operate water treatment and wastewater recycling plants and offer full customer retail services. The scope of Water West’s services includes all design, approval, construction and operations within a relatively short timeframe.
- Early stage consulting
- Project design and solution sourcing
- Planning approvals support
- ERA licence application
- Detailed design, procurement, supply, construction and commissioning
- Infrastructure financing
- Construction management
- Customer service team and billing
- Post commissioning activities
- Asset management and maintenance
- Ongoing regulatory compliance
- Determines the technical and commercial viability of the project
- Approvals create value for the land developer
- Financing infrastructure reduces upfront cost to the developer and matches lots sales revenue to headworks charges
- Lower water bills
- More non-potable water for irrigation of public open space
- Flexible and responsive service provider
Choosing the Right Partner for your Project
We have a depth of knowledge and experience in both the water industry and in property development. As a privately owned utility, we can be flexible and responsive to land developers in order to create a bespoke, cost effective solution to suit the developer’s project. Water West is strongly committed to reliability in its provision of water solutions and understands the importance of trust to developers and their clients.
1. Fully Licensed Solutions
We are experienced in securing the appropriate licences required to provide water services. We can work with the ERA to obtain licences quickly, enabling developers’ projects to progress without delay.
2. Strong and Flexible Financing Capability
Water West has the capacity to fund a large portion of water infrastructure, reducing upfront costs to the developer. We aim to match your lot sales to capital charges to make paying for the project easier.
3. Highest Standards of Governance
Water West understands that being a water utility requires strong governance and thorough compliance. We aim to be a responsible, trusted, long term Western Australian water utility.
4. Strong Understanding of Property Developers’ Requirements
Water West’s management are long term property industry participants with a depth of knowledge of developers’ needs. We will take a solutions-driven approach to discussions with developers and take care to understand their commercial needs such as timeliness and cash flow requirements.
5. Excellent Understanding of Technical Solutions
Water West has thorough technical knowledge of decentralised treatment solutions and relationships with key consultants and suppliers.